Thursday, March 31, 2011

September 29th, 1927


Why do you study so much? What secrets are you looking for? Life will reveal itself to you all of a sudden. I already know everything, without reading or writing. A little while ago, almost a few days ago, I was a little girl who walked through a world of colors, of hard and tangible forms. Everything was mysterious and concealed something; I took pleasure in deciphering, in learning, as in a game. If only you knew how terrible it is suddenly to know everything, as if a flash of lightening lit up the earth. Now I live on a dolorous planet, transparent like ice; but which conceals nothing, it’s as if I had learned everything in seconds, all at once. My girlfriends, my companions have slowly become women, I grew up in a few instants and today everything is pliant and lucid. I know there is nothing behind, if there were I would see it.
-Frida Kahlo

No comments:

Post a Comment